Thursday, June 23, 2011

Flight

Dulles terminal


Hello friends!

I am, as I write this, sitting in the plane from DC to Seoul. It's a direct flight about 14 hours--not so bad, no layover.

I am amazed at how thin the stewardesses are. I'd say on average they're about 5'7" and 100 lbs. And they're strong. They have to pull those heavy food carts and lift overpacked suitcases into overhead bins. On a related note, my mom beat me at arm wrestling the other day. Don't mess with Koreans, they are stronger than they look.

Anyhoo, flight's been good so far. I'm being fed and watered like a veal heading to the slaughter in two and a half weeks. Oh look, they just brought the cheese cart. And here's three cheeses. And grapes. And I see a bottle of port wine.

Check it out, I even have a tiny tablecloth.




And stuff I ate earlier. Bibimbob and soup and banchan:




Like my miniature bottle of red pepper paste?




Oh hello dessert. Tiny cup of haagen-daaz or mousse cake. I thought the cheese platter was dessert.

I have had three (airplane) glasses of wine. The two white wine varieties are called "California" or "Argentina." I had the Cali wine.




2 comments:

  1. What airline did you fly?? Why does your meal look delicious??

    ReplyDelete
  2. korean air! they do have great food.

    ReplyDelete