Thursday, October 20, 2011

England

Hello all!

I have been in the motherland for two weeks now. Spent a few days in London then headed up to wwoof at a north yorkshire smallholding (small family farm) for a week.

Favorites in London: the Natural History Museum. It was one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever seen. Check out the great hall.

Another favorite was the Saatchi Gallery, they had lots of sculptures there.

And with all of these things know what my actual most favorite was?

I present to you, the pigeons of London.

Too fat to move.

The farmstay was awesome. It was in North Yorkshire about thirty minutes from Middlesbrough, for those of you who know England. I forgot to take pics of the farm but here's some cool places I went to.

Helped clip some sheep feet(hooves?)--I saw a sheep in real life for the first time! They were very cute but very dumb. Those eyes had nothing in them really. Went walking on the moor. I was really excited to see the moors bc I had read about them in The Secret Garden. I pretended I was Dickon tramping among the heather. Lovely neighborhood pub too.

















No comments:

Post a Comment