Monday, February 6, 2012

Hello again

I met up with my parents in Paris for a week back in December, came home, then promptly forgot about the blog. Paris was fun, my dad was sort of pick-pocketed (there was nothing in his pocket). We had just gotten on a metro train when suddenly everyone on the train started screaming at us. None of us really speak French so we were confused why people were yelling. Turned out there was a girl behind my dad who somebody had seen slip her hand in my dad's jacket pocket, they were telling us to grab her and search her. She slipped out on the next stop. 

My favorite places were Versailles and Musee d'Orsay. The Louvre was way crowded and so big! We saw about three people being pickpocketed by the Mona Lisa. By thieves, not by Lisa. I bet she's was pretty sneaky back in the day, though.

Generally enjoyed delicious food, Mom got super excited about shopping, parents were dismayed at how much people were smoking. The nerve of these young women! 


Versailles--Louis had mass here like 5 times a day

cool hallway

Statues covered up for winter on Versailles grounds
Zeus in coals
Rhino d'Orsay! Behind us


Notre Dame window

Contemplative gargoyle 



Mom and Darth Vader at the museum




Going to New Zealand (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) this Saturday with my friend Kate from college. Will be posting from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment