Saturday, November 19, 2011

Berlin

I have been in Berlin for a few days and it is AWESOME! Coolest city. Everywhere you turn there is some quirky cafe, street art, performers like the wine glass player below, and just funky loveable randomness. My favorite place so far.

Today I walked around and saw a shell game type thing. I stood nearby and watched, which turned out to be a mistake--soon there were three different people yelling at me to join the game. And they were playing for keeps! Like 100 euro at a time. Crazy people. There were markets going on around there and I got some cool art and neat trinkets.

I also saw the most ornate church ever--you can tell Germany likes flashy. It was cool though you could climb the stairs up the highest dome and go on the roof of the church, with lovely accompanying views.

The architecture here in general is awesome, even normal residential buildings look so sleek and chic. People seem pretty chill too. I liked seeing a family of five cycle by each on their own bike.

Seriously everyone should visit Berlin it is great. Also apparently the housing is much cheaper, like $400 for a room in a shared apartment. You wouldn't get that most places in america let alone a major city. I could live here!

Oh also they sell liquor in the checkout line with candy and cigarettes. I find that intriguing. There was a homeless man sitting outside the grocery store, and an old lady got him to watch her terrier and then paid him with cigarettes.























No comments:

Post a Comment