Wednesday, November 23, 2011

More Berlin and some Strasbourg

Saw some more cool stuff in Berlin. An elderly Japanese man exuberantly offered in German to take a picture of me. At first I thought he was speaking Japanese which I don't speak either. Nice last day exploring shops including a comic/art store.

I crossed the border into France yesterday. It is interesting that it is not really noted when you cross borders within EU countries. Or maybe I just don't understand the train conductor's announcement. Distinct possibility there.

Currently in Strasbourg, capital of Alsace. It is a really cool city with lots of old buildings, which you know I love. It feels like I have stepped into Belle's town in Beauty and the Beast except more singing in the streets hete. Couple pics here and more to follow!

And a couple random things. I almost stepped on the prettiest butterfly that couldn't fly for some reason (sad) that I moved to a windowsill probably to end up being eaten by a bird instead but somehow that seems more dignified than being stepped on. Also the black thing with the dog face is a bike seat cover! Will be very handy on rainy days, I have used a plastic bag for the purpose of keeping my bum dry but now I can keep it dry in adorable style. Yay europe!













No comments:

Post a Comment