Friday, March 9, 2012

Short hike to Key Summit

 Hello friends!

I have some backed up posts from the blogger app on my phone not working. I went on a very short hike about a week ago on the Routeburn Track, which is a famous one that is 30k and normally takes a few days. I just did a portion so ran up and down a mountain, Key Summit, with a day pack. The weather was gorgeous and the views spectacular.




Well a whole lot of this first for an hour

And then you can see something...
Which is this!

And this. This is called The Divide, it divides the Southern Alps or something. Really cool valleys created by glaciers.


Clean water


Kitesurfing on Lake Te Anau. Sadly that is not me but I may learn later
This is interesting. The supermarkets here allow customers to put up postings on things they want/things to hire out. Usually it's stuff like people selling cars or looking for odd jobs, but occasionally you have fun ones like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment